Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in St. Louis
Being the victim of a pedestrian accident can be devastating. The physical pain can be life changing, and the mental anguish can be overwhelming. As you recover, your finances very well may be affected, or your earning potential may simply come to a stop. The aftermath can be confusing, and you most likely have a lot of questions.
The legal team at Schultz & Myers, LLC is here to help answer those questions. Our goal is to ensure that you or your loved one are compensated should this accident have been a result of negligence. You should not have to pay the financial consequences for something that was not your fault.
Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Louis at Shultz and Myers, LLC today by calling 314-444-4444 to schedule a free case evaluation to get started.
Pedestrian Accidents Have Many Causes
According to a pedestrian safety report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 6,000 pedestrians lost their lives in crashes in the United States in 2017.
The main causes for these accidents included:
- Alcohol-impaired drivers: In nearly half of the cases involving the death of a pedestrian, alcohol was involved.
- Speeding or not obey traffic signals: Excessive speed, running red lights, and not yielding to pedestrians were also responsible for pedestrian injuries and deaths.
- Ignoring road conditions: Drivers who did not pay attention to construction, or perhaps ignored the weather or road conditions at the time, also caused pedestrian accidents.
- Dangerous Intersections: Failure to yield to other drivers and speeding to avoid a red light sometimes leads to accidents between pedestrians and vehicles.
- Distracted drivers: Eating while driving, talking on a cellphone, and texting are just a few of the examples of distracted driving that could lead to an accident with a pedestrian.
Your Injuries Include Financial Losses
As a victim of a pedestrian accident, your losses are not limited to physical injuries. You may have feelings of anger or frustration. You may have to adjust to a new lifestyle with an unexpected injury or disability. You may even be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
You may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Post-accident mental trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Future or on-going treatment
Some issues you may be facing include:
- Accident-related medical bills: Remember that your medical bills may not be limited to just the ones relating to the immediate accident.
- Lost wages: You may be out of work while recuperating and unable to earn your full income.
- Compromised future earnings: Your injuries may be so severe that you have to consider switching to a lower-paying job.
- Rehab or other treatment expenses: Post-accident rehabilitation and treatments could be lengthy.
- Dealing with insurance claims: Insurance companies want to settle quickly and may offer you a lower settlement than that to which you may be entitled.
If you were hurt in a pedestrian accident, you don’t have to suffer alone. A pedestrian accident lawyer may be able to help you recover the compensation to which you may be entitled.
Let the Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Schultz & Myers, LLC Work for You
The team at Schultz & Myers, LLC can help to handle the legal aspects of your accident so that you can concentrate on healing. We understand what you are going through, and we are here to help.
We will review your case and help you determine the best course of action, and we will fight on your behalf and advise you so that you understand your rights.
By having a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Louis from Schultz & Myers, LLC fighting for you, you can rest and recover while we build your case. Our pedestrian accident lawyers will help to gather the evidence needed to prove negligence. And if we are unable to get you a fair settlement, we will take your case to court and fight for your rights.
We will deal with insurance companies and the negligent party or parties for you to assure your rights are protected and that you get the compensation to which you may be entitled.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers have fought for the victims of many different types of pedestrian accidents, such as distracted driving, driving while texting, drunk driving, speeding, dangerous left turns, and failure to yield at crosswalks.
Even if you are worried that something you did may have contributed to the pedestrian accident, you should be aware of your rights, and you may have options you aren’t aware of.
We know this is a challenging time, and we are here to help.