Child Injuries Lawyers in St. Louis
We know that you love your children and want to protect them from harm. Our founding attorneys, Stephen Schultz and Josh Myers, are both fathers who understand your anger and frustration when someone’s reckless behavior injures your child.
As a parent or legal guardian, you have the right to talk to a lawyer about potential compensation. Many childhood injuries are preventable. Our personal injury law firm dives deep into the cause of your child’s injury to determine what happened and who is at-fault.
If your child was injured by intentional wrongdoing or negligence, you should learn about your legal options. Please call Schultz & Myers, LLC for a free case consultation: (314) 444-4444.
How a Child Injury Attorney Can Help
There is nothing more frightening than a phone call, text, or knock on your door that your child has been injured.
As lawyers and parents, we urge you to take your child to your pediatrician as soon as possible. Obviously, you should call 9-1-1 if your child stops breathing, is bleeding profusely, or other dangerous situations.
After you have taken steps to ensure your child’s health and well-being, it may be time to call on child injuries lawyers in St. Louis at Schultz & Myers, LLC.
- Protect your rights and your child’s rights.
- Identify the at-fault party.
- Obtain evidence and expert testimony to assess your child’s injuries and prognosis.
- Valuate your damages for economic and noneconomic losses.
- Pursue compensation from liable parties.
We help you recover compensation on a contingency basis – you pay nothing upfront and we are paid only if we are successful in recovering damages.
Common Causes of Injuries to Children
As child injury attorneys serving St. Louis, we have seen a variety of contributing factors in childhood injuries, including:
- Birth injuries in newborns
- School bus accidents
- Drowning and swimming pool drain cover accidents
- Backover accidents
- Defective costumes or toys
- Poisons or accidental exposure to dangerous substances
- Daycare accidents and injuries
- Playground accidents
- Acts of violence
- Dog bites
If your child was hurt in a preventable accident, please call Schultz & Myers, LLC for a free case evaluation at (314) 444-4444.
What We Do After Your Child Is Injured
Missouri state law requires that certain conditions are met for parents to take legal action against someone who has recklessly or intentionally harmed their child.
These conditions are:
- That the other party owed your child a duty of care and to take reasonable measures that would prevent an accident, injury, or illness.
- That the other party breached this duty of care in some manner, either through act or omission.
- That this negligence caused your child to suffer physical and/or emotional injuries; and
- These injuries resulted in damages such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
It is our goal to help you recover the compensation and justice you deserve. This is not only to help your family, but possibly to prevent another child from suffering a similar accident, injury, or illness. For example, sometimes it is one parent filing a lawsuit against a negligent daycare provider or toy manufacturer that protects other children.
We Get the Facts Behind Your Child’s Injury, Accident or Illness
Something happened that caused the pediatric injury. The personal injury law firm of Schultz & Myers, LLC has the resources to uncover the facts behind your child’s accident or injury.
Our sources for evidence might include:
- Police or first responders
- Photos or videos
- Medical tests, photos, or diagnosis of your child’s injury or illness
- Blood alcohol or drug tests from the defendant
- Prior violations, complaints, or convictions
If your child is old enough and feels comfortable discussing what happened, we can record his or her statement (with your permission) as part of our fact-finding mission.
There Are Different Types of Liability
We find out what happened that caused the pediatric injuries, and we also find out who is responsible. Teachers, school bus drivers, daycare providers, and property owners have a legal duty of care to take realistic measures to avoid harming your child.
The law allows us to assign different types of liability:
- Direct liability refers to the party or parties who are directly responsible.
- Vicarious liability refers to a relationship to the direct party, such as an employer.
Our child injuries lawyers in St. Louis at Schultz & Myers, LLC can identify, communicate, and negotiate with all liable parties on your behalf. This gives you the time you need to take care of your child. For your free case evaluation, call (314) 444-4444.
We Have Recovered Millions in Damages for Personal Injuries
We have recovered millions of dollars in compensatory damages. While we cannot promise or predict the outcome of your child’s personal injury case, we do all we can to recover damages such as:
- Urgent and/or corrective medical care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Lifecare costs (for example, if you need to hire a tutor because your child has a long recuperation period)
- Lost pay while you had to take care of your child
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Other related expenses
Sometimes, we can recover compensation by filing an insurance claim with the other party’s insurance. If we cannot reach a suitable compromise, we will take your case to trial.
Contact Our Child Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Parents have five years to file a personal injury lawsuit on behalf of their child. However, it takes time to properly investigate and prepare for a compelling lawsuit.
Please do not let the clock run out on potential compensation if your child was injured by someone’s reckless act or wrongdoing. For a free case evaluation, please call Schultz & Myers, LLC today at (314) 444-4444.